Type 2 Diabetes which is defined as a sugar disease popularly and at the forefront of contemporary diseases, is a metabolic disease that occurs in case of the rise of the blood sugar level.
- 1 Does Type 2 Diabetes Pass?
- 2 What Is The Treatment Of Type-2 Diabetes?
- 3 Which Medicines Are Used In The Treatment Of Type 2 Diabetes?
- 4 To Whom The Type 2 Diabetes Surgery Is Performed?
- 5 What Should The Type 2 Diabetes Patients Eat?
- 6 What Are The Treatment Methods Of The Type 2 Diabetes?
- 7 What Are The Risks Of The Type 2 Diabetes?
- 8 What Are The Side Effects Of Type 2 Diabetes Surgery?
It is a chronic disease that common in our society. When the insulin hormone shirk its duty, in other words when the body cells are desensitized to the insulin hormone this type of disease happens.
Breach of insulin hormone’s duty in a body, in other words, deficient or non-secretion of the insulin hormone from the pancreas cause to diabetes. It is a significant disease that should not be ignored when it happens. It shows itself with symptoms such as frequent urination, increase in the frequency of drinking water, eating constantly but feeling the unsaturation, not having a particular saturation point, dryness of the mouth, body itchings, eye disorders, fatigue for no reason.
Type 2 Diabetes that give precedence to confront many diseases, is the most dangerous one among diabetes diseases.
Does Type 2 Diabetes Pass?
It is a disease that is possible to recover with regular drug treatment in patients who are diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
Precaution can be taken by regularly applying tests such as blood sugar monitoring, blood pressure measurement, foot and eye examinations, dental check-ups and tests for urinary proteins.
What Is The Treatment Of Type-2 Diabetes?
Type 2 Diabetes in the body is a frequent disease. It is a health problem that must be treated in case of every possible situation. In addition to the course of diseases is hard, it is a disease that causes cardiovascular diseases, stroke, hand and foot diseases and impairment in organs of vision in cases of the treatment process does not begin.
The surgical treatment of type-2 diabetes changes according to the patient and the severity of the disease. Alterations in the diet and body movements underlie the treatment.
The process proceeds according to the following clauses:
- A proper diet process regulated regarding diabetes.
- An exercise program arranged considering the physical condition of the patient such as height, weight etc.
- Medical treatment and similar activities.
Which Medicines Are Used In The Treatment Of Type 2 Diabetes?
The medicines used for the treatment process exist in our country. Medicines can be classified into 3 categories according to their impact rate and function:
1. Sulphonylureas: It has the functions of increasing insulin secretion and bringing protection of the body against insulin. Betanorm, Diamicron, Diabinese, Gliben, Glucotrol XL Amaryl, Diameprid can be shown as an example for these drugs.
2. Bigıanids: These are the medicines that provide transportation of sugar to the body cells during insulin secretion. These medicines play role in reducing blood sugar. Mostly, they used in patients who are overweighted in other words flab. Glucophage, Glifor, Gluformin are examples of these drugs.
3. Glinides: The drugs that are used to balance the blood sugar after the saturation occurs with taking nourishment to the body, includes Nateglinid and Repaglinide.
To Whom The Type 2 Diabetes Surgery Is Performed?
As long as the insulin production aspect of the pancreas in the body, surgery is applied to Type 2 Diabetes patients. The surgery is not applied in other cases. Because the sugar level of every patient struggles with this problem does not go parallel. While some patients carry this disease for a quite long time, some of the patients kept under control.
The situations like when the patient has begun, used drugs and level of blood sugar show change from patient to patient. The capacity of using insulin is inactive in patients who were not be controlled. Any operation performed on these patients will not benefit.
The important thing here is that the insulin stores of the patient are preserved.
In the process of application of Type 2 diabetes surgery, the disease should not have progressed.
According to the results of the blood analysis done after the measurement of insulin level in the patient’s pancreas, the surgery is applied. Also, not facing an abnormal situation in the body mass index of the patient is necessary.
At this point the height and weight rate of the patient is significant. As long as the body mass index is above 35 the surgery is performed.
What Should The Type 2 Diabetes Patients Eat?
The motto of what the patient will eat is required for the most ideal health. A balanced diet is necessary for the disease process.
A healthy diet program that arranged according to the patient for meals to be regular and small-scaled is used for this disease.
Type 2 diabetes patients should proceed with a diet program that can be integrated into their daily life.
Rich foods are abashed with fibre and quite natural products should be preferred. Nutrients have substance fruit, vegetable, whole grain products, fish in common and skim milk and oils are quite beneficial.
Cereals have a function to prevent sudden changes in blood sugar due to they are not unprocessed. Water-soluble nutrients like legumes keep under control the duration of sugar mix with blood.
Avoiding products that are high sugar rated and processed is required. Fruits and vegetables help to stabilize blood sugar by including vitamins.
Consumer goods such as trout, salmon, shrimp, skinless chicken and turkey which are in the lean meat category and orange, lemon, savoy cabbage, linden, spinach, radish are the nutrients that diabetes patients prefer.
What Are The Treatment Methods Of The Type 2 Diabetes?
The first step in Type 2 diabetes which occurs generally in people aged over 40 and overweighted, making changes in the diet program and making the exercise programs.
If no yield is obtained although these habits are applied, in other words, if the reduction in blood sugar rate does not occur a drug use begins through the oral route.
Similarly, the treatment process proceeds by additional insulin injection in some patients.
What Are The Risks Of The Type 2 Diabetes?
The risk factors of type 2 diabetes that do not show symptoms initially are as following:
- The diabetes stories that were seen in the ancestors,
- Individuals who have diseases such as obesity, overweight, hypertension, cardiovascular or polycystic diseases,
- The persons aged above 45 and those who diagnosed with diabetes during the pregnancy and gave birth to big babies,
The bodies that carry these symptoms should provide the required controls, otherwise, it can result in visual disorders, kidney problems, heart attack, stroke, inability to walk on feet that are extensions of the hands, impairment in the neural system.
What Are The Side Effects Of Type 2 Diabetes Surgery?
Diabetes surgery carries a risk same as the risk rate of ordinary digestive system surgery. With the opportunities of developed and changed technology of Turkey, the risks of operation reduced progressively. This surgery takes place as one of the ultimate surgeries in medicine.
First of all, detailed examinations should be done by all branches before the operation since the situation that the patient has another unknown or undiagnıoed disease should be taken into account.
During the surgery, the negativenesses are kept under control by doctors by following up the values of the patient.
- The narcosis that is applied in other surgeries, is used also in type 2 diabetes surgery. Negative effects of this narcosis are seen.
- Bleeding may occur.
- Congelation which is defined as pulmonary embolism may happen. Since stopping or slowing down the blood flow during the operation, congelation starting with the legs towards the lung veins may occur.
- Small-scaled damage such as lung infection from legs or abscess may occur.
- The most distressing one among the risks is anastomosis leakage. In case of noticing it late or paying no attention, it can result in serious health problems. Infection steps in at this part and spoils the situation.